The Sunday Salon: Day of chocolate

The Sunday Salon

Ah, four-day weekend, piles of chocolate, plenty of time with my books. What could be better? Oh, and I threw in a bit more culture with a trip to the theatre just for good measure.

After spending Good Friday being thoroughly lazy reading and watching films, yesterday my Dad and brother came to visit and get me out of the house! We went to see the Bristol Old Vic’s excellent Pinter/Beckett double bill A Kind of Alaska/Krapp’s Last Tape. I didn’t know anything about either play but I figured with writers like those you can’t go wrong. Glad to say it was a brilliant show. Both plays are meditations on ageing, in different ways. Both had touches of humour but were overall contemplative pieces. The small cast (three in the first play, one in the second) was fantastic and the Old Vic’s little Studio space was ideally suited.

Yummy churros

Today, friends told me there was a chocolate fair being held in the city centre so we headed down there and enjoyed a few free samples before pigging out on churros and hot chocolate.

While we were in the area, we had a quick browse of the weekly books, arts and crafts market on the harbourside, where obviously I could not help myself buying a couple of books (really I am proud it was just two. I was sorely tempted to pick up handfuls of secondhand PG Wodehouse). My TBR will never get smaller, will it?

Browsing

And there’s still a day and a half stretching out before me with little to do other than read and sleep. Perfect.

13 thoughts on “The Sunday Salon: Day of chocolate

1. Deb Nance at Readerbuzz April 8, 2012 at 2:27 pm

A day and a half of reading and sleeping sounds idyllic. Enjoy!

Here’s my
    Sunday Salon: A Slow-Book Manifesto.
    Hope you will stop by!

2. Lori C. (dollycas) April 8, 2012 at 2:32 pm

Sounds like a wonderful time. Now I am craving chocolate. Today before I can relax with a book I must do our taxes 🙁 but chocolate will help that too!!
    Happy Sunday!

3. Nose in a book April 8, 2012 at 2:45 pm

Deb Thanks, and I will indeed stop by.

Lori Chocolate is the best reward 🙂

4. unfinishedperson April 8, 2012 at 3:03 pm

First of all, welcome to The Sunday Salon. It’s one of the few meme-groups with which I’ve stayed from week to week for the last few years, because of the community and it gives me a chance to review my week.

I had to enlarge that photo of the books, because I wanted to see some of the titles. I was saddened, though, so many of them were hidden behind the sides of the boxes. 😉

5. Nose in a book April 8, 2012 at 3:09 pm

unfinishedperson Hello! That table wasn’t the best one in terms of book selection but it was a spot I could get to to take a photo 🙂 The next stall along had a box full of Penguin Great Loves and a row of Sylvia Plath. Drool…

6. Ivana April 8, 2012 at 3:49 pm

Hi! How I envy you, I wish I could spend a day and a half with a book! My house is full of relatives so I can’t even think about reading. But it’s funny at least 🙂
    I’m not much of a chocolate fan, but those churros look yummy!
    Have a great day!

7. Vasilly April 8, 2012 at 4:06 pm

What a great weekend! I love the picture of the churros. Happy reading.

8. Nose in a book April 8, 2012 at 4:21 pm

Ivana I’ve had to be a bit selfish to engineer things that way…

Vasilly Happy reading to you too!

9. Laurel-Rain Snow April 8, 2012 at 4:22 pm

A day of reading and chocolate…what could be better! Welcome to the Sunday Salon…and enjoy.

Here’s MY SUNDAY SALON POST

10. Jinjer April 8, 2012 at 7:28 pm

Love the whole look and feel of this post, especially the pictures. Churros, chocolate, books, sleeping…does life GET any better?

11. Nose in a book April 8, 2012 at 9:28 pm

Laurel-Rain Snow It is indeed pretty perfect.

Jinjer Thank you!

12. Burgandy Ice April 9, 2012 at 1:10 am

Lol – gotta love the CHOCOLATE!!! That’s me, alrighty!! Happy Easter!!!!