The Sunday Salon: All systems go

The Sunday Salon

After last weekend‘s perfect mix of activity and downtime, it feels like life has switched up a gear. Evenings and weekends are full of plans, with many more things needing to be slotted in – when will I find time to read?

One thing I did this week was finally get my latest film processed. I took most of it on our holiday in Wales and I’m pleased with how some of the shots came out, though the scans don’t do them justice. We must find a way to display more photos in our house!

Look up

I haven’t been feeling 100% (it happens) so I have been tempted on getting home from work to just stare at the TV rather than read. Which makes sense when my brain is frazzled but the rest of the time I think reading actually makes me feel a lot better than even my favourite TV shows could. What about you – do you read when you feel unwell?

I also went to the zoo with Tim and a couple of friends. We go to the zoo a lot and always have a good time. Bristol Zoo is very good about breeding and conservation programmes and doesn’t have many large animals so I don’t feel animal lover guilt and can just enjoy the cute animals.

Baby turtles

10 thoughts on “The Sunday Salon: All systems go

1. Laurel-Rain Snow April 15, 2012 at 2:40 pm

If I’m only mildly ill, reading works; however, if I’m so sick I can’t think straight, then it’s TV. That tells you a little about the nature of TV programming…lol

Here’s MY SUNDAY SALON POST

2. Cheryl "Mash" April 15, 2012 at 3:29 pm

Your right…books and chocolate..what could be better. Thank you for stopping by.

3. Nose in a book April 15, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Laurel-Rain Snow Or maybe it says something about the TV we choose to watch when we’re ill? I’m taking years to get through Battlestar Galactica because it actually involves switching on my brain!

Cheryl No problem!

4. Deb Nance at Readerbuzz April 15, 2012 at 9:30 pm

TV seems to have bad effects on us…people who watch TV are always more depressed than those who watch little or no TV.

Hope you feel better soon!

Here’s my
    Sunday Salon: TLA Conference.
    I hope you’ll stop by!

5. Jinjer April 16, 2012 at 2:56 am

I can’t read when I don’t feel well either. I know this sounds weird but I’m always a little envious when I see people on Twitter or blogs saying they’re sick in bed yet they’re reading or having movie marathons! When I’m sick or not feeling well all I can do is crawl in my bed and sleep.

I hope you’re feeling good soon and can pick up your book again.

6. Nose in a book April 16, 2012 at 7:31 am

Deb, Jinjer Thank you.

7. dan gusset April 16, 2012 at 4:00 pm

When I’m ill it’s black and white Ealing Comedies all the way. Nothing makes you feel better like Kind Hearts and Coronets, or Went The Day Well.

BSG easily gets obsessive so good for you for savouring it!

8. Burgandy Ice April 16, 2012 at 9:08 pm

Ah… yes. Now’s the time to think of e-readers and keeping ’em charged in case you get a minute. Or nice paperbacks that slip into busy lives.

I read all over the place this past weekend, getting quite the sunburn despite Oregon’s perpetual cloud layer. Very fun!!

9. Nose in a book April 17, 2012 at 5:35 pm

Dan One of the delays with BSG is I’m watching it with Tim and he keeps on working too late for us to fit it in!

Burgundy Ice That sounds good. Glad you had fun!