Sunday Salon: Holidaying

The Sunday Salon

It’s been a busy busy week. Amazing how much more you can do when you don’t go to work! Okay, so I’m on holiday for a week and a half, which we are filling with three short breaks in a row. We seem to have managed once again to coincide our plans with glorious sunshine, which is not strictly good for me but I love how happy it makes everyone.

Part 1: London
In London, we went to museums with Tim’s parents, watched fox cubs playing from a friend’s balcony and sat reading in royal parks.

Urban fox

Part 2: Bristol
Then we came back to Bristol and enjoyed our city at a slower pace, took in a film at the excellent Watershed and went on a day trip to see the amazing sand sculptures in Weston-super-Mare.

Grumpy

Part 3: Melton Mowbray
Finally, we hopped on a train to Leicestershire to chill with friends in the countryside, which is where we are now.

Red

I am relaxed, I have done lots of reading (you can read my reviews of Enduring Love and Mr Fox, posted earlier this week) and I didn’t have to dip into my savings. Who needs fancy foreign holidays? (I’m not saying I never want one again. Just to be clear, I still want to see the world. But this has been a good holiday. That is all.)

8 thoughts on “Sunday Salon: Holidaying

1. Laurel-Rain Snow June 3, 2012 at 5:02 pm

My favorite holidays are of the relaxing kind…and don’t involve that much travel.

Thanks for sharing about yours….and here’s MY SUNDAY SALON POST

2. Leeswammes (Judith) June 3, 2012 at 5:54 pm

That’s a really nice way to spend your holiday! Enjoy the rest of the time.

3. Amy June 3, 2012 at 10:48 pm

This sounds like a wonderful holiday…I hope the rest of your time off is just as enjoyable!

When I was working I always loved to take a vacation-at-home and do things in the city that tend to be overlooked when life is busy, busy, busy..

4. Jinjer June 4, 2012 at 3:58 am

Cute foxes! Were they in a zoo? I’m confused how you saw them from a balcony.

Sounds like a lovely holiday1

5. Nose in a book June 4, 2012 at 4:49 pm

Jinjer Our friend lives in a block of flats with a shared bit of green space that no-one uses in the day but at night a family of foxes come and play there. Unfortunately the only area lit well enough for the photo to come out was behind an ugly bit of fence. And the cubs moved way too fast to get a photo so the pic is of an adult fox.

6. Susan June 5, 2012 at 5:02 am

Neat photos. Glad the sun came out b/c the Queen’s flotilla (celebration) looked quite rainy. The sun makes such a difference on vacation! Enjoy your break.

7. Susan June 5, 2012 at 5:05 am

Neat photos. Glad the sun came out b/c the Queen’s flotilla celebration looked quite rainy on the tube. The sun makes such a difference on vacation! Enjoy your break.

8. Dani in NC June 11, 2012 at 12:06 am

I get what you mean about having a relaxing holiday. As much as I enjoy our yearly cruises, the relaxing time on the ship is marred by the frantic rush to get to the port on time and then the frantic rush at the end of the trip. I’d love to be able to afford a stateside vacation where we would just hop on a train and stay in a hotel somewhere.

BTW, thanks for visiting my blog!